To be fair, before forming an opinion about it, I decided to watch the video, "We Can't Stop". After seeing it, I knew that we, parents, can't stop either.
This is what we, parents, can't stop doing for our kids:
We can't stop…
- Teaching you to honor human dignity.
- Insisting on lady-like, or gentlemanly, behavior.
- Insisting that you to have a sense of purpose (a positive one).
- Encouraging academic excellence, or at least, trying one's best in school.
- Setting boundaries, which give you enough space to grow and challenge yourself, but not enough to get hurt physically, or emotionally.
- Checking up on you, when you need to be checked up on, because we know, that kids don't "own the night".
- Hugging you, when we feel you need a hug.
- Loving you unconditionally, even when it hurts a little.
By Angeline Bandon-Bibum