Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Musings and Blessings

I'm missing summer already, and it isn't even over yet.   Our summer included a vacation, family reunion, volunteer camp for my youngest child, post high school graduation relief for my oldest daughter, and a summer internship for my son, to name just a few of the great things about it.

Now the familiar routine of back to school shopping, in the crowded school supplies section, and the congested traffic on the first day of school, is on the horizon.  I know I'm very proficient at this by now, but I still need to brace myself for the inevitable winds of the seasonal change.  It's time to put on my drill sergeant hat (I'm a nice one though) and make sure the summer reading assignments and projects are done, and get ready for the tidal wave of my kids’ homework, exams, and the end of staying up past midnight.
Nonetheless, there’s still enough summer left for a couple more visits to the local pool with family, and a summer date night with my husband.   I’m taking a deep breath, and feeling blessed about it all.


By Angeline Bandon-Bibum

No comments: